Monday, June 28, 2010

Look, this just doesn't add up...

After the 5K on Thursday, I've started to push a little longer. I went somewhere around maybe 4 mi today on my run. I could have went further, but it looked like it was going to rain, so I cut it off. I am going to try to push for the 8K, and if that means throwing my lot in with Jason and Scott and running with them so be it. They don't have this pack mentality like those awful running groups, and everyone will run their pace. The only extra motivation that will be is to catch their skinny asses eventually.

I talked to a coworker that runs often and he didn't do very well at the Y race either, and said he thought it was a little longer than it should be. I know one of the Sparty runs used to be too, so I guess it's possible. I'm just looking for extra excuses at this point.

The other thing I should bring up is the fact we had our 83rd family reunion this weekend. There is always piles and piles of food there, and I didn't hold back. It's once a year, and it's all delicious, so whatever weight loss goals or running goals have to take a back seat when it comes to the family's cooking. The most important thing, though, is the fried chicken. I never have it here, because nobody else likes it at home or work, and it's not something you eat alone, you need to share a bucket. Anyway, wherever they get this stuff, it's absolutely wonderful. I had 6 pieces myself. I also had about three full plates, which were about a foot in diameter, and I piled it pretty good on the first. I also picked at the dessert pretty good.

So I jump on the scale, which I haven't done in quite a while, and I'm down about 5 pounds. It makes no sense. I should have gained 10 just yesterday. I'm probably not going to get away with eating like that again, but thanks for the freebie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Locations of visitors to this page