Thursday, June 24, 2010

YMCA race today...ugh

Have a 5K today, and I feel like crap. Chances are my improving streak ends here, but that's what I would have said last time...results later.

*Edit*
I gained about 40 seconds, so not too bad, but the streak of improvement ends. It's not as disappointing as I thought, though, because I know I could have killed this course, and could have done better. My friends and I were pissed about our times and were tempted to grab our timers and run the thing all over again. I just didn't feel as good during the race as I did at the end of it. Maybe that bodes well for the 8K, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

It's still disappointing because any other day I would do better, but to not gain even a full minute being as achy, crappy, and tired as I was, I guess I will take. I know this was an easier course than Flushing, and I just didn't get into it. Also that water break killed me. I shouldn't have done that. We'll just have to destroy the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Locations of visitors to this page