Thursday, February 3, 2011

Snowbunnies

So what if the trail was covered in thick snow and drifts to our knees in spots? We went for it today. That was the most I've pushed my leg muscles since The Crim last year. My thighs were on fire and my calves were ready to explode. I don't care what the distance or the time was today, because we went deep into the snow and went further than anyone dared to tread on the trail before us. The only tracks after a certain point are Jason's and mine, and we did it all running hard with shortness of breath. It was like we did sprints today, and I can't wait for there to be semi-clear roads Saturday. It's going to be a piece of cake.

Today I realized that in some sick way I'm actually starting to like the snow and see it as a welcomed challenge. They always say you'll hate snow when you get older, but despite the run hindering and the shoveling, I still like it. I hope we have more winters of being blasted like this. If we do, I can see a pair of cross-country skis in my future. I used to love doing that, but the lack of snow in recent winters hasn't made buying them worth it. If we're going to have more like this, where it stays cool for long periods of time, I may have to get on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Locations of visitors to this page