Friday, June 24, 2011

Retread REVENGE

Ok, so it's been said many times that the Re-Tread is just a hated race for me.  Jason and I sucked at this race last year, and it was one of those red X's on the calendar ever since.  If Flushing is our Daytona, this race is our Bristol.  It could be great or it could be a disaster.

I'm happy to report that yesterday was a success for both of us.  Jason had a good time, and I had a time good enough to get me a plaque in the 220+ division.  Not only that, but I met one of the guys in my division that's always competing for placing, and for him being one of my supposed running nemeses, he's a really cool guy.  I probably would have faded out at the end if he didn't give me a little push at the end, and apparently he started later and still beat me on total time.  That's fine though, the man earned it.   

I didn't set another PR, but I'm not going to consider this a failure.  It was only 28 seconds slower than Clio, and I had a really good pace going.  I was shooting for a 25:05, but I didn't make it.  I knew I wouldn't after the first mile.  It just wasn't there.  I need to dig deeper and find something else in there to get faster, because I'm giving all I can.

At least I got another award, and I'll post it up here as soon as I get the free engraving.  I could get used to this.

*EDIT*

As Promise:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Locations of visitors to this page