Saturday, September 18, 2010

Barriers don't exist in this dojo...

So the "I can't break 10 minute miles in a competitive 5K" belief is toast after today. I didn't even move that well, it was raining, and stretching wasn't much of an option because I didn't want to stand out in the rain. I sat in the car until about 10 minutes to the start, but I'm not sure it made a difference, as I was soaked by the first half mile anyway. Anyway, I finished the race at about 29:40. It's just nice to break 10 minuters. I was getting sick of thinking that wasn't going to ever happen, and this is some nice progress, considering the best I had before was a 32:17. Then, going against progress, I grabbed some McD's breakfast on the way home; two McMuffins and 2 hash browns is not going to help things, but I'm still lovin' it.

With the race you got a free ticket to a game and a Spirit shirt. Unfortunately the ticket is for a night that I'm going to Spamalot at the Whiting. Hopefully I can find somebody that wants it. That's too bad, because I love hockey, and I'd be fine going solo. Most people just don't do things like that alone.

Speaking of flying solo, I have to get down to East Lansing to go to the Michigan State game against Notre Dame. It's nasty as hell out, and that's going to make it awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Locations of visitors to this page