Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Evil in the form of a scale.

So the scale's a liar, and I'm back down again today 4 1/2 pounds. That's after I ate some thai food, and drank about a quart of water after my jog today. I can see why some people can overreact to these things so badly, though. You're doing right by everything in the world and a couple water pounds make you fly right off the handle. Suddenly you're squeezing a couple extra cookie dough tubes of reinforcement into a half-gallon of cookie dough ice cream to make it a more even fight between the two assemblages. Then they turn on you, and make you carry them around in your tissues for all eternity.

Anyway, if anything's even going on it's a gain of 1/2 pound. I still have only 2 1/2 pounds to lose before April 26th to hit the monthly goal.

I just signed up for the Heart of a Spartan 5K in East Lansing on May 2nd. It's going to be great. Actually, a good chunk of it was the old route I ran while living in Campbell, only in reverse. I will get to run past the rock, the soccer/baseball/softball fields, the Sparty Statue, and it finishes through the tunnel at Spartan Stadium ending at the 50 yard line of the field. Since we generally don't rush the field, I've never been on it, so that will be a thrill for me. While I'm down there I may check out the baseball team if they have a game or practice. I hear they've been killing everybody in the Big Ten lately. I miss watching the less popular college sports like I used to when I was on campus.

I may also run Belle Isle in a week and a half. We'll see. I haven't been to Belle Isle in a long long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Locations of visitors to this page